Despite increasing competition and market fluctuations throughout the year, SmartLynx Airlines was able to improve its performance in all key business areas. The total number of provided flights has increased by 2%, while the number of passengers by 20%, indicating a significant increase in operational efficiency.
Also, growth in Block Hours (BLH) is noticeable since the number of hours operated has increased from 54 000 to 63 800. Moreover, On Time Performance (OTP) has improved by almost 5%. As a result of all positive performance indicators, turnover has increased from EUR 172 million to EUR 215 million, or by 25% compared to 2018.
Taking into account the growing demand for SmartLynx Airlines’ services, the company's fleet was expanded to 24 aircraft units.
“This was a significant year for SmartLynx Airlines. We have successfully launched several development projects and strengthened our market position. It shows that chosen strategy works effectively and efficiently. In 2020 SmartLynx Airlines plans to continue its ongoing development strategy, carry out new projects and explore new markets,” states Zygimantas Surintas, CEO of SmartLynx Airlines.
Other important achievements
• Introduction of Skywise data system, a co-product of Airbus and Palantir Technologies;
• Successful unification of eTechLog8 (Conduce) and OASES (Commsoft) service systems;
• Implementation of Skybreathe a complete fuel management software;
• Received Air Operator’s Certificate (AOC) to start operations in Malta;
• Received Canadian Foreign Air Operator Certificate (FAOC) that allows operations over Canadian airspace;
• Joining the Avia Solutions Group, the largest aerospace business group from Central and Eastern Europe.;
• Increased passenger satisfaction level by 15% compared to 2018;
• Selection as most socially responsible employer in transportation sector by Latvian Employers Confederation;