SkyWorks Holdings today announced transactions and activities performed during Q4 2019 for its Leasing & Asset Management and Investment Banking & Advisory Groups.
Leasing & Asset Management Group activities included the following:
- SkyWorks was retained by Global Knafaim Leasing to sell two A320s and one A321 aircraft on lease to British Airways.
- On behalf of a US investor, SkyWorks managed the lease return and arranged the sale of one 737-700, previously operated by Southwest Airlines, to United Airlines.
- On behalf of a US investor, SkyWorks arranged the sale of five A320s currently on lease to United Airlines.
- On behalf of Aviator Capital, SkyWorks arranged the sale of one CRJ-900 on lease to Mesa Airlines and two GEnx engines on lease to GE.
- On behalf of Philip Morris Capital Corporation, SkyWorks arranged the sale of four A319s currently on lease to American Airlines.
- On behalf of a US investor, SkyWorks arranged the sale of two 737-400s to Safair.
- On behalf of its Sierra Echo Aircraft Leasing Limited vehicle, SkyWorks closed on the acquisition of one 787-8 on lease to Aeromexico and two A321-200 aircraft on lease to Aegean. The aircraft will be managed by SkyWorks Leasing (Ireland) Limited.
Investment Banking & Advisory Group activities included the following:
- SkyWorks was retained by a European flag carrier to provide fleet-related advisory services.
- SkyWorks was retained by Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings to serve as arranger and advisor on the JOLCO financing of up to 3 747-8F aircraft.
- SkyWorks has upsized the debt facility supporting its Sierra Echo Aircraft Leasing Limited vehicle to US$700 million. Bank of America, N.A., BNP Paribas, and Royal Bank of Canada all increased their facility commitments, and Deutsche Bank entered the facility.
- SkyWorks completed an assignment where it advised on the successful acquisition of a controlling interest in an Asia-Pacific network carrier.
- SkyWorks completed an assignment with a North American network carrier where it conducted an aircraft economic comparison and fleet assignment optimization to determine future fleet size and aircraft gauge mix requirements.
- SkyWorks completed an assignment with an international network carrier to provide fleet-related advisory services, focused on maintenance and return condition exposure for its leased aircraft.
- SkyWorks advised Spirit Airlines on the lease extension of four A320ceo aircraft.
- SkyWorks completed an assignment where it provided strategic advisory services to a confidential investor client.
- SkyWorks continued to advise a North American low-cost carrier on the sourcing of leases for up to 7 A320ceo family aircraft.
- SkyWorks continued its fleet-related advisory work with Spirit Airlines which has resulted in a purchase agreement with Airbus for 100 firm and 50 option A320neo family aircraft.
- SkyWorks continued to provide fleet-related advisory services to Royal Jordanian Airlines for a complete narrowbody fleet replacement of 17 aircraft and engines, including engine maintenance support services.
- SkyWorks continued to advise a North American carrier on the arrangement of JOLCO financing for its 2020 aircraft deliveries.