1H-2021 Operating Highlights
- Executed and delivered via sale-leaseback (3) A321NEO aircraft, (2) B737MAX9 aircraft and (4) ATR72-600 aircraft
- Executed LOI’s for the sale-leaseback of (5) A320NEO aircraft with scheduled deliveries in Q4 2021 and 2022
- Acquired (2) B737-800 aircraft subject to long-term lease with a Latin American carrier
- Closed $663M “SLAM” ABS transaction refinancing a 16 aircraft portfolio
- Closed $600M revolving warehouse facility with a five-bank syndicate & closed $134M of additional bilateral financings
San Francisco, CA –July 21, 2021- SKY Leasing (“SKY”) is pleased to announce its’ first half 2021 results highlighted by a closed and committed aircraft pipeline valued at $655M.
The transactions were originated with airlines across Europe, Latin America, and Asia, building on the strength of SKY’s global customer network. These acquisitions are in line with SKY’s investment strategy of building a fleet of new and next-generation aircraft on long-term lease with leading global airlines. “Since January 2020 we have originated $1.5B of new and young mid-life aircraft transactions. The portfolio is one of the youngest in the industry with a weighted average age of 1.5 years and an average remaining lease term 10.9 years. Our relentless focus on providing capital and fleet solutions to our global network of airlines has enabled us to accelerate our growth plans as airlines focus on the cost efficiencies that next generation aircraft provide” said Austin Wiley, Chief Executive officer of SKY Leasing.
SKY continues to build on its strong support in the banking and capital markets raising over $1.4B in debt capital in the first half of 2021 to fund our committed aircraft pipeline. SKY’s global lender base now includes more than 40 bank and institutional clients. Our focus on new and next- generation aircraft led to the successful refinancing of a 16 aircraft portfolio in the SLAM 2021-1 issuance, which achieved the lowest all-in yield ever for an aircraft ABS transaction. “The best in- class pricing we receive from the banking and capital markets community is a validation of both our strategy and the quality of the SKY platform” said Matthew Crawford, Executive Vice- President Capital Markets of SKY Leasing.