Mega Maldives to reportedly restart operations, after halting them on May 2nd, 2017, due to financial reasons. On the carrier's website in early June, vacancies with a one month application deadline were announced for A320, A330 and A340 training captains, technical pilots and senior first officers, leading to speculation of a return to service.

The company is currently rumored to be open to relinquishing a majority share, thus shifting the current ownership structure whereby CEO George Weinmann owns a 49% share and Strategy Development Director Mifzaal Ahmed, together with Admin & Legal Affairs VP Mizna Ahmed, collectively hold the remaining 51%.