LuxairGroup implements several measures to stimulate growth and stabilise its network.
Luxair Luxembourg Airlines will take delivery of 2 additional Boeing 737-700 aircraft with 142 seats each in March and May 2019. As extra capacity is required in the short term, it was decided to opt for two planes currently operated by a large European flag carrier. These aircraft meet all Luxair safety, quality and comfort standards. The LuxairGroup fleet will then have 8 Boeing 737 and 11 Bombardier Q400.
This significant increase in capacity will allow LuxairGroup not only to consolidate, but also to expand its network whilst stimulating growth. To do so, Luxair Luxembourg Airlines and LuxairTours started to implement a series of changes in their flight plan.
• +1 daily flight to Copenhagen (from 2 to 3 daily flights)
As of the winter season 2018/2019:
• Dublin flight operated by a Boeing 737 (instead of a Bombardier Q400)
Additional Bombardier Q400 services:
• +1 daily flight to Paris (from 3 to 4 daily flights)
• +1 daily flight to Vienna (from 3 to 4 daily flights)
• +1 daily flight to Milan-Malpensa (from 3 to 4 daily flights)
Closing of routes:
• Cancellation of the Turin route (entire Piedmont region easily accessible via Milan-Malpensa, excellent service with 4 flights/day)
• Cancellation of the Stockholm route (easily reachable with connecting flights via Copenhagen, operated 3 times a day from Luxembourg)
New destinations added to the network:
• Ras-al-Khaimah, Marrakesh
As of summer season 2019:
• +1 additional weekly flight to
o Kos, Faro, Antalya, Naples, Malta, Palermo and Ibiza
• New destinations added to the network: o Marsa Alam, Split, Mahon
As any European Airline, Luxair is experiencing ever increasing operational disruptions that are beyond the airlines’s control, but which affect passenger comfort (Air traffic control and/or ground handling strikes, increasing congestion of European air space and airports, unpredictable weather phenomena, etc.). The significant investment in two additional aircraft will allow LuxairGroup to stabilise its network and mitigate the negative effect of disruptions especially also with regards to the runway refurbishment planned in the coming years, thus maintaining high standards of service, quality and punctuality.