- The Japan Bank for International Cooperation (JBIC; Governor: HAYASHI Nobumitsu) signed today a loan agreement amounting to up to USD1.2 billion (JBIC portion) with JSA International U.S. Holdings, LLC (JSA), a U.S. company under the auspices of Mitsubishi HC Capital Inc. (Mitsubishi HC Capital). The loan is co-financed with MUFG Bank, Ltd., bringing the total co-financing amount to USD2 billion.
- The loan is intended to provide the necessary funds for procuring aircraft for JSA to conduct its aircraft leasing business.
- JSA is a U.S.-based leading aircraft leasing company. Mitsubishi HC Capital positions aircraft leasing business as a field to focus on for which growth is forecast to continue, and for that purpose completed its acquisition of the entire interest in Cayman Islands company JSA International Holdings, L.P., which is JSA's parent company, in January 2013*1. JSA aims to secure a competitive edge in the aircraft leasing industry and seize additional profit-earning opportunities by expanding the number of aircraft it owns and manages, by replacing the existing ones with next-generation aircraft with better fuel efficiency. This loan will financially support this aspiration of JSA, thereby contributing toward maintaining and improving the international competitiveness of the Japanese aircraft leasing industry.
- As Japan's policy-based financial institution, JBIC will continue to financially support the overseas business expansion of Japanese companies by drawing on its various financial facilities and schemes for structuring projects, and by performing its risk-assuming function, in collaboration with private financial institutions.
- *1 JBIC financed part of the necessary funds to acquire the entire interest in Cayman Islands company JSA International Holdings L.P. For details, see Press Release on March 26, 2013 . (In April 2021, Mitsubishi UFJ Lease & Finance Company Limited merged with Hitachi Capital Corp., upon which the corporate name changed to Mitsubishi HC Capital Inc.)