- This is the second aircraft the company has received in two weeks.
- The low-cost airline intends to end this month with 15 aircraft in its fleet.
- In the last 12 months, it has increased the number of passengers carried by 43%; this represents a 5% increase in the domestic market share.
Buenos Aires, September 20, 2023. – Flybondi received its 14th aircraft at Ezeiza International Airport. Its incorporation to the fleet consolidates the company as the largest low-cost airline in the country in terms of capacity and fleet. The figures support this: according to the report issued by the Argentine Civil Aviation Administration (ANAC, for its acronym in Spanish) for the month of August, Flybondi hit 21% of the domestic market share, which represents a 5% increase if compared to 2022, having carried 322,000 passengers, i.e., 123,000 more than a year before.
The journey of the 14th aircraft started in the city of Jinan (China), continued to Chitose (Japan), and then to Anchorage (Alaska). Then, it headed to San Antonio (USA), making the last stop in Lima (Peru) to finally land in Argentina. The operation took more than 60 hours. The Boeing 737-800 NG aircraft has capacity for 189 passengers. After completion of all administrative and certification stages, its scheduled service operations in the country will commence. This is expected to happen in the following days under registration mark LV-KJE.
“Today, we are the low-cost airline carrying more people in Argentina, the second largest airline in the country, and one of the airlines with the most significant growth in Latin America in the last two years. We keep on working with the purpose that we set out for ourselves from the first day: to provide the freedom to fly to an increasing number of people,” said Mauricio Sana, CEO of Flybondi. Sana further stated: “We are proud to say that this achievement takes place in Argentina, since we believe it is of the essence that we continue working for the advancement of our country to make it sustainable. We will keep increasing connectivity by incorporating more aircraft to our fleet, adding more frequencies and destinations, and contributing to creating direct and indirect employment in each destination to which we fly."
Flybondi continues with its main purpose to provide freedom to fly by democratizing the access to air carriage as a means of transportation. In these 5 years of operation, more than 8.5 million passengers have already flown with this low-cost airline, 20% of whom are people who are flying for the first time in their lives.
Flybondi by the numbers:
- Its fleet includes 14 Boeing 737-800 NG aircraft with 189 seats and a single class each.
- It flies to 17 domestic destinations: Buenos Aires, Bariloche, Corrientes, Córdoba, Jujuy, Mendoza, Neuquén, Posadas, Iguazú, Salta, Santiago del Estero, Trelew, Tucumán, Puerto Madryn, Ushuaia, El Calafate and Comodoro Rivadavia.
- It currently flies to three international destinations in Brazil: Rio de Janeiro, São Paulo and Florianopolis.
- It holds a domestic market share of 21%, while its international market share stands at 5% (as of August 2023).