Dubai, U.A.E., 17 April 2018 – Dubai Aerospace Enterprise (DAE) Ltd. today announced its Q1 2018 key strategic and operational highlights for its leasing arm DAE Capital:
Strategic highlights Q1 2018
- DAE Capital / AWAS operational integration completed on time, with all management objectives fully achieved; today, DAE functions as one company offering the highest levels of customer service across its six global offices.
- Top five globally ranked operating lease company (by fleet size).
- Launched third-party aviation asset management unit (DAE Aircraft Investor Services) - target assets under management of $5 billion.
- Continued to demonstrate industry-leading initiative by becoming a launch customer for Rolls-Royce’s LessorCare.
- Appointed Abdulmalek Murad (formerly of Etihad and Gulf Air) as Chief Operating Officer for its engineering division Joramco.
Operational highlights Q1 2018
- Six new aircraft purchased.
- 15 leasing transactions completed.
- 382 owned, managed and committed aircraft in fleet.
- 111 current customers in 55 countries.
- Average age of owned fleet: 5.74 years (Ascend Indicative Market Value).
Average lease term remaining on owned fleet: 6.02 years (Ascend Indicative Market Value).
- 17 committed pipeline units and 10 committed purchase lease back units in place.
- Received both the Aviation 100 and Global Transport Finance ‘M&A Deal of the Year’ awards, recognizing the strategic importance of the DAE / AWAS merger to the industry.