Dublin | 7 July 2021: Avolon, the international aircraft leasing company, issues an update for the second quarter of 2021 (‘Q2’).
Q2 FLEET METRICS & BUSINESS HIGHLIGHTS
- Executed a total of 48 lease transactions in the quarter, comprising new aircraft leases, follow-on leases and lease extensions;
- Sold 3 aircraft, and entered into Letters of Intent for the sale of 12 owned aircraft during the quarter;
- Delivered a total of 8 new aircraft to 6 customers and transitioned 5 aircraft to follow-on lessees;
- Ended second quarter with a total of 149 airline customers operating in 62 countries; and
- Owned and managed fleet of 581 aircraft at quarter end, with total orders and commitments for 256 fuel-efficient, new technology aircraft.
Q2 STRATEGIC & FINANCIAL HIGHLIGHTS
- During the quarter, rating agencies Moody’s and Fitch improved Avolon’s credit outlook to Stable;
- Avolon announced the world’s largest zero emissions eVTOL aircraft order, underscoring Avolon’s commitment to combat climate change;
- Avolon, through its affiliate Avolon-e, is a launch customer for Vertical’s VA-X4 with a commitment for up to 500 electric aircraft valued at $2 billion; and
- Avolon will join Microsoft, Rolls-Royce, Honeywell and American Airlines as equity investors in Vertical.