NEW YORK (JANUARY 20, 2020) — Alton Aviation Consultancy, the global aviation management consultancy, is poised to take on ever more challenging assignments in 2020, following another year of record growth in which it increased its geographic footprint to six multi-national offices, grew its advisory team to more than 25 professionals, and completed more than 80 client engagements.
The firm, relied upon by market leaders for independent and objective management consulting and advisory services, is celebrating 2019 highlights that include:
- Opening a new office in Singapore, led by Joshua Ng, to support clients in Southeast Asia and globally with a deep bench of analytic capabilities. With additional offices in Hong Kong, Beijing, Tokyo, New York, and Dublin, Alton now offers local and regional teams in every major aviation industry hub worldwide.
- Delivering an array of strategic engagements, including deeper integration and support across transaction advisory; merger and acquisition, due diligence and sponsor-led sales support, including industry sector and market overviews and studies.
- Successfully completing numerous commercial due diligence assignments for private equity and institutional investors.
Adam Cowburn, Alton’s Hong Kong-based founding managing director, says:
“We are excited to be offering our clients even more comprehensive support. It is a privilege to be trusted to advise on their most critical strategic decisions and sensitive transactions. The growth in our number of multi-year repeat client engagements validates our model and demonstrates our industry expertise and focus creates immediate value for clients.”
Alton’s engagements in 2019 spanned the entire aviation value chain, with growth in areas including:
- Buy and sell-side commercial due diligence, business plan validation, and M&A transaction support for financial sponsors and investors. Work spanned nearly all aviation verticals including, aircraft lessors and financers, airlines, MRO service providers, and aerospace manufacturers
- Airline restructuring in the areas of fleet, network and strategic planning
- MRO performance benchmarking, process improvement, strategic sourcing, and business plan development
- Asset-backed securitization (ABS) transaction support and maintenance cashflow modeling
- Counterparty risk analysis ranging from desktop support to full, on-site reviews
- Portfolio analysis, providing an overlay of counterparty credit analysis together with a view of aircraft assets, aircraft liquidity and lifecycle analysis
- Rotor wing market analysis for operators, lessors and investors
John Mowry, a New York-based founding managing director, says:
“As aviation specialists, we were pleased to share Alton’s insights last year through various thought leadership initiatives. This included a paper for Airfinance Journal’s 2019-2020 Annual, exploring the outlook for commercial aviation and aircraft leasing, plus a new LinkedIn presence and revamped website to help facilitate knowledge-sharing across the industry.
“Our team is recognized for its deep domain expertise, so we were delighted to see Alton managing director Laetitia Achille named as one of 2019’s top “40 Under 40” by Airline Economics.”
The year also saw Alton continue its commitment to Pledge 1%, the early-stage philanthropy campaign, through which the firm donated 1% of its revenue and 1% of its people’s time to philanthropic and charitable organizations. In 2019, Alton donated to Airlink, a rapid response humanitarian relief organization that sends aircraft to disaster zones, and the Multiple Sclerosis Society, which provides support for people afflicted with the disease and funds research into better treatments. Local organizations to which the team donated time included Habitat for Humanity, Salvation Army, Earth Day Tokyo, and Food Angel.