Air Albania is expected to begin operations in summer 2018 within Europe, while transatlantic flights to the US are targeted for December 2018.

The airline is a joint agreement with Turkish Airlines and other investors, MDN Investment and Albkontroll. Turkish will hold a 49% stake, and the other investors will hold a 51% stake.

"We will be aggressive in the market," according to MDN Investment.