Grupo Aeromexico S.A.B. de C.V. ("Aeromexico") (BMV: AEROMEX), today reported its unaudited consolidated results for the third quarter 2020.
KEY FINANCIAL HIGHLIGHTS FOR THE THIRD QUARTER 2020
- On June 30th Aeromexico announced that it and certain of its affiliates had filed voluntary Chapter 11 petitions in the United States ("Chapter 11") to implement a financial restructuring, while continuing to serve customers. The Company intends to use the Chapter 11 process to strengthen its financial position and liquidity, protect and preserve its operations and assets and implement necessary operational changes to address the impact of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
- Grupo Aeromexico's third quarter capacity, measured in available seat kilometers (ASKs), increased by 67.6% compared to second quarter 2020, primarily driven by a sequential recovery in domestic market recovery. Total ASKs for the third quarter decreased by 64.1% year-on-year due to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Grupo Aeromexico's third quarter 2020 revenue reached $4.7 billion pesos, a 79.1% increase compared to the second quarter of 2020 and a 74.5% year-on-year decrease. During the quarter, revenue per ASK (RASK) in pesos increased by 6.9% compared to second quarter 2020 due to market demand improvements and decreased by 29.0% year-on-year.
- EBITDAR for the period amounted to negative $381 million pesos, an improvement of $4.6 billion pesos versus second quarter 2020. Third quarter 2020 operating loss amounted to $3.6 billion pesos an improvement of $19.8 billion pesos compared to second quarter 2020.
- During the quarter, the Company started to recognize aircraft ownership costs in accordance with the temporary Payment by the Hour agreements (PBH) reached with operating lessors.
- Cost per ASK (CASK) in pesos reached $2.091 pesos, a 77.2% decrease compared to second quarter 2020 and a year-on-year increase of $0.792 pesos. CASK in dollars reached $0.095, a 75.9% decrease compared to second quarter 2020 and increased year-on-year by $0.028 dollars.
- Aeromexico generated $108 million pesos positive cash flow from operating activities. Aeromexico´s cash position as of September 30th, 2020, including restricted cash, amounted to $7.8 billion pesos equivalent to approximately $352 million dollars. Aeromexico´s cash including restricted cash to last-twelve-month revenue ratio was 20.2%.
- As of September 30th, 2020, Grupo Aeromexico's operating fleet comprised 101 aircraft excluding the six Boeing 737 MAX aircraft temporarily grounded.
Grupo Aeroméxico confirms that its voluntary process of financial restructuring under Chapter 11 of the legislation of the United States of America, will be carried out in an orderly manner while it continues operating and offering services to its customers with the same quality that characterizes it, contracting from its suppliers the goods and services required for its operation. The Company will use the advantages of Chapter 11 to strengthen its financial position and liquidity, protect and preserve its operations and assets, and implement the necessary adjustments to face the impact of COVID-19.