DUBLIN – January 17, 2022 – AerCap Holdings N.V. (“AerCap”) (NYSE: AER) has announced its major business transactions during the full year and fourth quarter 2021:
- Completed the GECAS transaction on November 1, 2021, making AerCap the worldwide industry leader across all areas of aviation leasing: aircraft, engines and helicopters.
- In December 2021, AerCap received an MSCI ESG Rating of “A,” an improvement from our previous ESG rating of “BBB.”
Aengus Kelly, Chief Executive Officer of AerCap, said, “Throughout 2021, we saw a steady improvement in the performance of the airline industry as borders reopened to travel and passenger traffic increased. For AerCap, this manifested itself in an increased level of transaction activity due to the growing demand for aircraft. I am optimistic that we will see further increases in passenger traffic during 2022 as the recovery continues.
“I am delighted that we successfully completed the acquisition of the GECAS business during the fourth quarter. Our ability to raise $24 billion of long-term funding for the acquisition at very attractive rates illustrates the depth of investor interest in aircraft leasing and is a testament to AerCap’s platform and its strong management team.
“Another important milestone during the quarter was the upgrade of our ESG rating by MSCI. In addition, our Board of Directors has established an ESG Committee to further strengthen our commitment in this area.”
Full Year 2021 Transactions
- Raised long-term funding of approximately $30.5 billion, including $24 billion in the fourth quarter to finance the GECAS acquisition.
- Signed 311 lease agreements.
- Completed 65 purchases.
- Executed 62 sale transactions.
Fourth Quarter 2021 Transactions
- Signed 158 lease agreements, including 19 widebody aircraft and 92 narrowbody aircraft, 27 engines and 20 helicopters.
- Completed 42 purchases for 29 aircraft (including 16 Airbus A320neo Family aircraft, 1 Airbus A220 aircraft and 5 Boeing 737 MAX aircraft for AerCap’s owned aircraft portfolio and 7 aircraft for AerCap’s managed aircraft portfolio), 5 engines and 8 helicopters.
- Executed 30 sale transactions for 23 aircraft (including 5 Airbus A320 Family aircraft, 2 Airbus A320neo Family aircraft, 5 Boeing 737NGs, 4 Boeing 757s, 2 Boeing 737 MAX aircraft and 1 Boeing 767-300ER from AerCap’s owned aircraft portfolio and 4 aircraft from AerCap’s managed aircraft portfolio), 4 engines and 3 helicopters.
The full year and fourth quarter numbers include transactions of the combined company for the period after closing of the GECAS acquisition on November 1, 2021. Transactions prior to closing are only included for AerCap on a stand-alone basis.