SkyWorks Holdings today announced transactions and activities performed during Q2 2017 for its Asset Management, Investment Banking & Management Consulting Groups.
Asset Management Group Activities:
Asset Management Services, provided through SkyWorks Leasing, included transactions and additional services as follows:
- SkyWorks was retained by Modern Logistics, a Brazilian logistics company, to source B737F aircraft and to arrange a sale lease-back on one B737-400F.
- SkyWorks advised a U.S.-based investor on the acquisition of one A319 and one A320 aircraft on lease to American Airlines, for which it has assumed management responsibilities.
- On behalf of a U.S. investor, SkyWorks provided investment analysis for 10 aircraft of which one A320 and one B777-300ER are currently under purchase LoI’s.
- SkyWorks has also been retained to remarket the following aircraft:
-- Four B777-200ER aircraft, available for sale or lease in 2018/19.
-- One B737-700 aircraft, available for sale or lease in 2018.
Investment Banking & Management Consulting Group
Investment Banking and Management Consulting Services, provided through SkyWorks Capital, included the following:
- On behalf of Air Canada, SkyWorks arranged JOLCO financing for two further 787-9 aircraft delivered by Boeing. These were the final two aircraft in a series of four 787 JOLCOs, being the first-ever JOLCO deals for Air Canada and in Canada. For the first of these aircraft, Sumitomo Mitsui Finance and Leasing underwrote the equity investment and Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation provided the debt portion of the financing. For the second aircraft, FPG, advised by BNP Paribas, underwrote the equity, IBJ Leasing Company Limited provided a junior loan and BNP Paribas, Credit Industriel et Commercial and Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Bank provided the senior debt portion of the financing.
- On behalf of a confidential client, SkyWorks arranged 2 separate senior secured debt facilities backed by 767F aircraft with two different commercial banks.
- On behalf of Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings, SkyWorks acted as Financial Advisor in respect of its $289mm public offering of convertible notes.
- SkyWorks was engaged by a European flag carrier to provide fleet- and network-related advisory services.
- SkyWorks provided fleet- and network-related advisory services to a Caribbean flag carrier.
- SkyWorks provided fleet- and network-related advisory services to an Asia Pacific flag carrier.
- SkyWorks provided due diligence and debt restructuring advisory services to a Middle East investor.
- SkyWorks continued to serve as arranger/advisor to Delta Air Lines under a 2016 engagement to arrange sale and leaseback financing for 22 narrowbody aircraft (a combination of A321s and 737- 900ERs) and three A330s. During the quarter, three aircraft closings were completed.
- SkyWorks continued to serve as an advisor to the Unsecured Creditors Committee in the Republic Airways Chapter 11 Bankruptcy restructuring. The assignment was completed with Republic’s emergence from Chapter 11 bankruptcy effective on May 1, 2017.