Geneva, 4 July 2017: Wizz Air Holdings Plc ("Wizz Air"), the largest low-cost airline in Central and Eastern Europe, today announces passenger statistics for June 2017.
In June 2017, Wizz Air continued to expand its network and operations with the following announcements:
· Commenced operations at Wizz Air's 28th base in London-Luton.
· Route network expansion with seven new routes announced to/from Romania (3x), Hungary (2x), and Bulgaria (2x).
· Base expansion with the deployment of the seventh brand new Airbus A320ceo aircraft to Warsaw in Poland.
· Placed an order for an additional ten Airbus A321ceo aircraft powered by Pratt & Whitney's V2500 engine to be delivered in 2018 and 2019.
· Delivery of two brand new Airbus aircraft comprising of one A320ceo and one A321ceo aircraft taking the fleet to 83 aircraft.